The State of NSW has reached almost 80% double vaccination levels and after more than 100 days in lockdown, the state recently reopened on October 11th allowing fully vaccinated residents to enjoy their freedom once again.
Restaurants, bars and cafes reopened, stores began to trade, stay-at-home-orders and quarantine requirements lifted, and Australians in NSW celebrated “freedom day” across the state as soon as the news broke.
Travel continues to remain heavily restricted across the country and some state borders are still closed but NSW residents that are double-jabbed can travel locally, road-trip to exciting, easy drive to destinations and play it safe with fun, socially distanced post-lockdown activities in the Snowy Mountains of NSW.
10 Safe Post-Lockdown Activities in the Snowy Mountains of NSW
Summer is on its way and there’s nothing better than crisp mountain air, cool lake waters, physically distanced activities in the great outdoors and time spent reconnecting with family and friends. All this, and so much more, can be found in Jindabyne and the scenic Snowy Mountains of NSW.
Here’s our top pick of safe, secluded and super fun activities in Jindabyne and the Snowy Mountains of NSW to whet your appetite for a post-lockdown road trip that tops your travel experiences!
- Lake Jindy Activities: The quaint town of Jindabyne is located on the shores of Lake Jindabyne. Lake Jindy is a haven for watersports enthusiasts and comes alive in the summer months with avid anglers, wakeboarding, sailing, canoeing and sunrise SUP yoga sessions. Be sure to pack your bathers for a day of secluded summer activities on Lake Jindabyne.
- Horseriding the High-Country: Book an authentic Aussie adventure in one of the premier horse riding destinations in Australia, the legendary high-country of the Snowy Mountains. The Snowy Mountains have a history of iconic horsemen and to this day free-roaming brumbies run wild in the remote outback. Saddle up for a unique experience that will take you far away from the crowds.
- Bushwalking in the Mountains: It’s the perfect season for bushwalking in the Snowy Mountains and Jindabyne has a number of trails to get you started. From easy lakeside strolls to the bucket-list hike to the summit of Mt. Kosciuszko, one of the “World’s 7Peaks”, there’s a trail for all ages and fitness levels in and near Jindabyne.
- Mountain Biking & Lakeside Cruising: The Jindabyne Trail Network has an extensive network of interlinked trails open year-round for all levels of mountain biking. The nearby Thredbo Mtb Bike Park has it all from beginner flows to advanced technical trails and the Thredbo Valley Track is a favorite easy trail with unrivaled river views along the banks of the Thredbo River. Mountain bikes and cruisers are easily available to rent in Jindabyne Town Center.
- Fishing: Jindabyne is a premier trout fishing destination with some of the best fly fishing in Australia. From the shores of Lake Jindabyne to the pristine streams, rivers, trout farms and hatcheries, you’re spoilt for choice when it comes to seeking a quiet space of solitude for fishing near Jindabyne.
- Take the Highest Segway Tour in Australia: Lake Crackenback is one of Jindabyne’s top attractions and is home to the highest segway experience in Australia with breathtaking views of the Snowy Mountains. For an added dose of adrenaline and loads of fun, add the Thredbo River Sled Tour to your day of Lake Crackenback activities and ride the exhilarating rapids of the Thredbo River.
- Plan a Picnic: Plan a picnic with your “pod” in a secluded setting. There are many places to picnic on the shoreline of Lake Jindabyne or pack a picnic, pick your road-trip playlist and find an idyllic river setting on a scenic drive through the Snowy Mountains. For a truly romantic and remote experience, book a helicopter tour and picnic in the remote alpine wilderness.
- Take a Scenic Drive: The top attractions in the Snowy Mountains are easy to experience on a scenic drive from Jindabyne. Drive through the Snowy Mountains on the iconic Kosciuszko Alpine Way, travel the Snowy Mountain Highway to the Yarrangobilly Caves and Thermal Pool or wind your way through the mountains to Australia’s highest ski resort, Charlotte’s Pass. Whichever direction your compass takes you, you’re guaranteed a scenic drive.
- A Pampering Spa Treatment: We know that getting outdoors boosts your mental health but there’s nothing better than an invigorating massage to realign lockdown emotions and anxieties. Stay with Snow Escape Holidays and we’ll arrange a massage therapist for a personal session in the comfort of your private holiday home.
- Book Holiday Accommodation – Not a Hotel: There’s no need to mingle with strangers in hotel lobbies when you have the safe option of a professionally managed, private holiday home that is exclusively yours for as much personal interaction as you choose. Our portfolio of Jindabyne accommodations includes mountain chalets at Lake Crackenback, secluded lakefront retreats on Lake Jindabyne and holiday units in the heart of town with UltraClean Covid-19 cleaning protocols for a safe, sanitized stay.
Whether you’re in search of total seclusion or ready to spread your social butterfly wings, our local team will match you with the perfect home-away-from-home for your post-lockdown holiday in NSW. Book online for the lowest rates on your Jindabyne accommodation or call our team on 1-300-916-454 today.